The From Grieving to Healing “Helping Children with Loss” Online Group Program helps you to:
- Recognize and identify your losses in a safe, confidential group environment
- Learn strategies to effectively mourn your losses and help the children in your life develop a healthy response to loss
- Explore the six myths about grief and recognize how these myths have affected your life and healing journey
- Understand that feelings come in all shapes and sizes – good, bad, and sometimes ugly – and we express them in our own unique ways (children do, too)
- Implement a step-by-step action plan to help the children in your life acknowledge and communicate the things that are causing them sadness and pain to regain a sense of well-being
- Acquire a proven “toolkit” that you can rely on and that will empower you to equip the children in your life with positive, effective methods of dealing with grief and loss
- Develop correct action choices to establish a new pattern of behavior for helping the children in your life address past, current, and future emotional hurts
The Right Grief Support Program Can Help You Move Beyond Loss & Discover New Possibilities for Your Life! Research has shown that having a support system has many positive benefits, such as higher levels of well-being, better coping skills, and a longer and healthier life. Studies have also shown that following a support program can help with improved communication and interpersonal skills, greater self-acceptance and self-esteem, and the ability to change self-defeating behaviors/habits.
The From Grieving to Healing “Helping Children with Loss” Online Group Program includes:
- Four (4), 2.5-hour action-based online group sessions led by a Certified Grief Recovery Specialist (CGRS) – online group sessions will occur once a week on a pre-set schedule via live Zoom Video (see program dates below)
- A Completion Certificate (to be mailed upon completion of the program)
- A copy of the book When Children Grieve: For Adults to Help Children Deal with Death, Divorce, Pet Loss, Moving, and Other Losses by John W. James and Russell Friedman, founders of The Grief Recovery Institute (see below for instructions to purchase your book)
- Accountability Support Partner(s) to share your weekly assignments and keep you on track
- Access to From Grieving to Healing resources to help you recover from your loss and take actions to reclaim and rebuild your life
- From Grieving to Healing special keepsake
Register today and start helping your children reclaim their circumstances instead of allowing their circumstances to claim them and their happiness!
Important Note: Once your registration is confirmed for your selected group, you will receive an email confirmation with logistical details (including a Zoom link) and other important information about how to prepare for the first session.
Purchasing Your Book: Due to the pandemic, shipping delays and other restrictions, participants will need to purchase their own copy of the book for this program. As soon as you register, please purchase the book, When Children Grieve: For Adults to Help Children Deal with Death, Divorce, Pet Loss, Moving, and Other Losses by John W. James and Russell Friedman, on Amazon.com or your preferred book seller. The book is available in both hard-copy and digital versions. Go ahead and select the version that works best for you. For your reference, below is the direct Amazon link to purchase the book. If you have any issues securing a copy of the book, please reach out to us as soon as possible at email@example.com or call/text us at (310) 954-1996.
Amazon link to purchase the book: https://www.amazon.com/When-Children-Grieve-Adults-Divorce/dp/0060084294/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=when+children+grieve&qid=1605987082
Thursdays at 7:00PM
beginning on March 25, 2021
- March 25
- April 1
- April 8
- April 15
Thursdays at 7:00 PM
beginning on June 3, 2021
- June 3
- June 10
- June 17
- June 24