The From Grieving to Healing Grief Recovery Weekend Group Program helps you to:
- Recognize and identify your losses in a safe, confidential group environment
- Implement a step-by-step action plan to acknowledge the losses that are causing you emotional pain and regain a sense of well-being
- Familiarize yourself with the over 40 types of losses that one can experience in a lifetime
- Learn the six myths about dealing with grief and recognize how these myths have affected your life and healing journey
- Acquire a “tool kit” that you can rely on to recover from existing and future losses
- Discover and complete all of the undelivered communications that accrue in relationships
- Develop correct action choices to establish a new pattern of behavior when addressing grief and loss
The Right Grief Support Program Can Help You Move Beyond Loss & Discover New Possibilities for Your Life! Research has shown that having a support system has many positive benefits, such as higher levels of well-being, better coping skills, and a longer and healthier life. Studies have also shown that following a support program can help with improved communication and interpersonal skills, greater self-acceptance and self-esteem, and the ability to change self-defeating behaviors/habits.
The From Grieving to Healing Grief Recovery Weekend Group Program includes:
- Two (2) days of intensive, action-based instruction in a group setting led by a Certified Grief Recovery Specialist (CGRS) – sessions will occur on a pre-set Saturday and Sunday from 9:00am to 5:00pm, with a one-hour break for lunch
- A Completion Ceremony which includes a personalized Completion Certificate and will take place on the second meeting (Sunday of the pre-set schedule)
- 20th Anniversary Edition of The Grief Recovery Handbook: The Action Program for Moving Beyond Death, Divorce and Other Losses, including Health, Career, and Faith by John W. James and Russell Friedman, founders of The Grief Recovery Institute
- Accountability Support Partner(s) to share your assignments and keep you on track – once you complete the program, you may decide to continue to work with your Accountability Support Partner(s) beyond the duration of the workshop
- Access to From Grieving to Healing resources to help you recover from your loss and take actions to reclaim and rebuild your life
- From Grieving to Healing special keepsake
Please Note: Our weekend workshops run year-round and the location varies throughout Los Angeles.
Contact us for more information about the next program dates for our weekend workshops!